Alberta Potato Industry Association (APIA)
The Alberta Potato Industry Association Ltd. (APIA) was formed in 1990 as an organized way for businesses to collectively support the Potato Industry that they are in partnership with. Individuals who work in the Potato Industry are welcome to join the APIA. Upon payment of a small annual fee, membership is granted to the individual and not the company they work for. At present, the membership of the APIA is approximately 95 members. The Alberta Potato Growers rely on Industry Associates to thrive in a competitive market place. We recognize the importance of strong partnerships and alliances with our industry people. The APIA is an independent organization of businessmen who coordinate their events with the PGA‘s events for the benefit of both organizations. We welcome Industry participation in many PGA Grower Events and rely on their strong support of major PGA events such as:
- Each July the APIA hosts a "Burgers and Beans" family barbeque on the evening prior to the Annual PGA Golf Tournament.
- Hosts of all the hole prizes at the PGA's Annual Golf Tournament including the $50,000 Hole-in-One cash prize.
- Organize the Trade Show at the Annual Potato Conference & Trade Show held each November in alternating Calgary locations.
APIA membership fees are $50 and renewed annually through the APIA.
The MISSION of the APIA is:
“To promote, foster and strengthen relationships between Potato Growers and members of the business community.”
The GOALS of the APIA are as follows:
- To provide opportunity for Industry and Growers to interact on a professional and social basis.
- To communicate industry news and development to growers and APIA members.
- To support associated charities and educational endeavours related to the Alberta Potato Industry.
2016 Alberta Potato Industry Associates Executive
|Russ Stewart||President||Promax Agronomy Services||403-634-1336
russ at promaxag.com
|Al Koyata||Treasurer||CPS Canada||403-223-2807
alan at growersupply.ca
|Mike Duell||Secretary||Taber Home & Farm||403-892-5969
mikeduell at hotmail.ca
davidb.mclean at cibc.com
|Justin Quinton||Trade Show||Down to Earth Labs||403-328-1133
justin at downtoearthlabs.com
|Ashley||Trade Show||Down to Earth Labs|