Mission and Goals
“Growing Healthy Potatoes Together”
“To facilitate continued success in Alberta’s potato industry by supporting sustainable production, marketing, development and cooperation”
The Goals of the PGA
- Communication - To ensure Alberta growers have current information required to achieve success through ethical, safe and sustainable practices.
- Marketing - To support and develop the growers’ marketing endeavours by providing information, research and promotion for sustainable and continued orderly growth of the industry.
- Production - To help growers maximize the potential of Alberta’s potato production by providing opportunities for growers to share and gain knowledge from information, research, experience, and innovation.
- Relationships – To advocate the interests of growers for the benefit of the industry by maintaining effective relationships with Government and other organizations.
- Leadership - To encourage our people to achieve personal growth while providing leadership and excellence in delivery.
- Sustainability – To advocate a proactive sustainability program platform that preserves our resources and viability for future farming generations. To demonstrate to the public our stewardship of the land, air, and water and our commitment to food safety.
Revised February 2012
More on PGA's approach to sustainable production of quality Potatoes ~ by PGA Board of Director Chris Perry of Perry Produce